Saturday, January 10, 2009

Walking


The exercise that I tend to stick to best is walking. I have been walking 2 miles/day for the past week. I don't have a treadmill so I walk outside, and I take my dogs because 1. They love it and 2. One of them is fat. I'm not sure why one dog is fat and the other one is skinny because they both get the exact same amount of dog food every day, but let's just say that Mr. Cooper (pictured) meets the breed standard weight for two Cavalier King Charles spaniels, not one. That's what they are, Cavalier King Charles...they are blenheim-colored, which means red and white. Anyway, Cooper and I both need to quit with our couch potato ways in 2009. We are taking it one walk at a time. So, what kind of exercise works for you?

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Walking for sure. I need some resistance training also. In bad weather I use the treadmill, but that can surely get b-o-r-i-n-g! Congrats on the 2 lbs!! Fabulous. I threw away my scales years ago, so I have to depend on the way my clothes fit, and the way I feel in general :-)

Tammy B said...

I need to start back walking. I have a treadmill, but can not get motivated to use it. I'm thinking after this next weekend that I am going to have to make myself get motivated.