Thursday, January 22, 2009

I think my weight gain may have been hormonal (I hope). I have not weighed since Saturday. I tried on a skirt that was previously rather snug and it just did fit. I think I might try to wear it Monday with something that doesn't have to be tucked in. My camel corduroys are also fitting looser.

In the most recent issue of Food & Wine there was a recipe for Waldorf Chicken Salad. I sounded yummy. I sort of tweaked it for my convenience. I use spring mix lettuce, Boar's Head sliced smoked chicken from the deli, chopped fuji apple, red grape halves, chopped walnuts and Ken's Light Blue Cheese salad dressing. I have eaten it for three nights and am kind of sad that it is gone. I love salads. I could live on them year round. I try to be careful of my choice of toppings. Lean meats, low fat cheese, grape tomatoes, and light salad dressings that are lower in sugar. I rarely eat iceberg lettuce. I try to stick to romaine and spring mix. I found something the other day called Baby Ruby Reds. It is a mix of baby spinach and baby butter lettuce. That is my new favorite.

I've been craving eggplant lately. I know, that's weird. I think I am going to Publix tomorrow night and get an eggplant and some squash. Saturday, I am going to roast both and eat until it's gone. Yum! I might cook some copycat Cracker Barrel grilled chicken tenders to go along with it.

I hope everyone keeps up the good work. It sounds like everyone has been extremely successful, except me. I'm not getting discouraged. I'm motivated to do better.

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

Hang in there! I haven't had great results, just my clothes fitting a little bit looser. Your body will finally kick in and then the pounds will be melting off!

The Waldorf Salad sounds yummy!