Friday, January 30, 2009

Portion size

As a treat, today I stopped in at Panera in Green Hills to pick up lunch...I was running some errands and I wanted half of a turkey sandwich to eat on the drive home. The drive home is one and a half hours, and I'd planned for the baby to nap the whole time...peaceful drive, quiet lunch, who could ask for anything more?. They somehow messed up my order and gave me a whole sandwich. It.was.huge. Maybe my 9-inch plates are really helping me adjust portion size, but I ate half of that sandwich and wow, that was a lot of food. I put the other half in the fridge, and the chips in the pantry when I got home. It seems like restaurants give you so much, and it is hard to resist, though.

4 comments:

Sandra said...

I agree about portions! When my daughter and I travel together or just have lunch, dinner together, we almost always share a meal. And it is plenty for both of us!

Tammy B said...

I also agree about the portion sizes. Panera's sandwiches are huge. One half of one of their sandwiches is enough.

I hope you had fun at Green Hills. I'm ready to go back.

Princess Freckles said...

Good for you to resist! Its hard for me sometimes. Like if its there in front of me, I'm eating it! I've been getting much better about this.

Gallegosszcb said...

In certain circumstances you might be advised by your moving company to consider hiring professional piano movers to perform the relocation of your instrument. Every upstanding course provider stands behind their product with a money back guarantee. Laura. Remember to keep your wrist limber.