Sunday, February 8, 2009

I'm sorry that I haven't posted in a week, but there's been nothing really to post. Friday, I got out the tape measure and measured the key areas of my body. I had shrunk! I was excited.

Since I was a little smaller, I decided to do what I call "shopping in my closet". I took out seven of my favorite wool skirts from Talbots and Pendleton. I tried them on. The results: four of them I can wear, two of them I can almost wear, and one was a definite "NO WAY". The one I couldn't wear went back into the closet. I feel like I have some new clothes to wear. I need to pick out tops to wear with them. I'm going to wear the four definites this week and then see about the almosts next week. When I say I can almost wear, I mean that they fit okay, but I would like for them to be a little looser.

Yesterday, I splurged a little bit at the bingo fundraiser. I ate lots of ham, baked beans that had been made with brown sugar, a roll with butter, a 3/4" square brownie and a 3/4" raspberry bar cookie. I worked hard while I was there, so I feel that I burned off the extra calories. Afterwards, I went to Barnes and Noble and parked a good distance away.

Everyone needs to post an update. If you haven't been as successful as you would like, you have a support team here to motivate you along.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Tammy that is so great!! You are doing great! Yay for you!

Mary Beth said...

Congratulations! That is such a great feeling to fit into clothes that have been too tight. Your hard work is paying off.

I'll post an update sometime tonight-I promise : )